Subject: Re: 1.4.2 fails on my new pIII system.
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/09/2000 08:14:52
	Definitely not fixed there.
-Brian
On Oct 8,  7:52pm, David Brownlee wrote:
} On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Brian Buhrow wrote:
}
} > 	Following up on my own post for a third time, I've got 1.4.3_ALPHA
} > installed now, thanks to not using the pccons driver.  I had to split the
} > generic kernel across two floppy disks, boot 1.2G, copy the kernel bits
} > onto the hard drive, glue them back together and reboot.  Now I have a
} > working kernel which uses the wscons driver to talk to the Weasel card and
} > that seems to work.  I guess the pccons driver officially doesn't get along
} > with the PC Weasel card from version 1.4 to 1.5ALPHA.  Too bad, it makes
} > installation a real drag.  When I get things installed, I'll poke at it and
} > see if I can figure out where pccons is losing its lunch.
}
} 	Please do - it would be good to find and fix this.
} 	Could you try a 1.5_ALPHA2 boot floppy to see if its fixed there?
}
}                 David/absolute
} 			       -- www.netbsd.org: A pmap for every occasion --
}