Subject: RE: Lucent DSDV LTMODEM
To: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
From: Gregg C Levine <hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/09/2000 02:05:52
Hello from Gregg C Levine usually with Jedi Knight Computers
In a word yes. To be more specific, look for the "HowTo"s section on your
favorite mirror for Linux for one on Windows Modems, and Linux. I remember
reading it, and yours, or the one before it, was mentioned there. I can tell
you one specific way to do so. Launch NetBSD, and then activate a terminal
program, and set it up for that port, and modem. Enter the command, "AT", if
your modem ignores it, then you are faced with one. This computer is wearing
one, with a related chip set. To communicate on the Internet, using Linux, I
needed to find an external modem, I am currently using a Megahertz, P2144, who
runs at 14.4, which is okay, but not perfect.
----
Gregg C Levine mailto:hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke."  Obi-Wan Kenobi
(This company dedicates this E-Mail to General Obi-Wan Kenobi (Perhaps one of
the most powerful of all of the Jedi Knights))
(This company dedicates this E-Mail to Master Yoda
(Perhaps the other one of the most powerful of all of the Jedi Knights))
And the favorite line by Anonymous "May the Force be with you."