Subject: Lucent DSDV LTMODEM
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/09/2000 01:01:15
  Can someone confirm that the Lucent "K56flex DSVD LTMODEM" (PCI 0x11c1/x0440)
is a WinModem or not?
  I have one reputable friend suggest that it is not.

  Is there a reputable reference site?
  I found www.linmodems.org that lists a lot, but not by PCI vendor/product
ID. http://www.close.u-net.com/ltmodem.html seems to be pretty definitive.

  perhaps http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html should be linked
in somewhere?

  This is in a Tojshiba Satellite 2775.

  While I have a PCMCIA modem, it is 28.8 and the adapter dongle is a pain,
while the built in one promises to be less of a pain.

  It looks like the Linux folk have made some progress. Anyone have any
thoughts about what the BSD way to integrate ought to be? Are there any
lists? FreeBSD ones perhaps?

]      Out and about in Ottawa.    hmmm... beer.                |  firewalls  [