Subject: Re: Is the PCI Sound Blaster supported under 1.4.x?
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/08/2000 13:32:39
On Sat, Oct 07, 2000 at 01:33:56AM -0700, Brian Buhrow wrote:
> 	I have a machine with a PCI based Sound Blaster (creator live) or
> something like that.  Is this supported under 1.4.x?  If not, how hard
> would it be to add a pci front end to the sb driver?

I couldn't find any product called a 'creator'. Did you mean Creative Labs?

There are several PCI SoundBlaster cards, do you have a part #?

IF you were referring to the SoundBlaster Live!, it is not supported under
1.4.x (or 1.5). I'm 'working' on a driver, but haven't been able to spend
much time on it lately. If anyone wants the code I have so far, just ask.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,