Subject: Re: weirdness with apm
To: Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
From: Paul B Dokas <dokas@cs.umn.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/07/2000 14:38:14
On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Darren Reed wrote:

> In some mail from Soren S. Jorvang, sie said:
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 01:37:07PM +1100, Darren Reed wrote:
> > > When using apm to suspend my laptop, if I suspend the laptop with the
> > > AC power pack plugged in, pull the power plug out and resume, netbsd
> > > will not restore itself to a running state.  Is this a generic known
> > > problem or something whacky with my lapdog ?
> >
> > Lots of laptops have nifty little APM BIOS bugs like that.
> >
> > Which one do you have?
>
> Gateway Solo 9100
>
> Darren

[Please excuse the extreme lateness of this reply.  I'm ~2000 emails behind
 in the NetBSD lists.]

I'm also using a 9100.  Have you updated the BIOS lately?  Gateway has
released several BIOS updates over the past year.  I had several problems
with Cardbus support until I updated.  Perhaps APM is the same?

Paul
--
Paul Dokas                                            dokas@cs.umn.edu
Don Juan Matus:  "an enigma wrapped in mystery wrapped in a tortilla."