Subject: Annoying disk activity LED
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/07/2000 20:41:52
I have a couple of computers where the disk activity LED is constantly lit
(until I access the CD.) I have had a 'mount /dev/cd0a /mnt' in my
rc.local as a work around for ages, but that doesn't seems like an optimal
solution... ;)

I enabled debugging in atapi_wdc.c, and it prints an error (?) message
during attachement:

pciide0 at pci0 dev 7 function 1: Intel 82371AB IDE controller (PIIX4) (rev. 0x01)
pciide0: bus-master DMA support present
pciide0: primary channel wired to compatibility mode
atapibus0 at pciide0 channel 0
wdc_atapi_get_params: drive 0 not present
cd0 at atapibus0 drive 1: <LTN362, , UL28> type 5 cdrom removable
cd0: 32-bit data port
cd0: drive supports PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2, Ultra-DMA mode 2

Does anyone have any suggestion on what I should tweak to solve this?

   /Krister