Subject: Re: 1.4.2 fails on my new pIII system.
To: Jeff Northon <jeffo@sasquatch.com>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/06/2000 22:11:56
	Following up on my own post for a third time, I've got 1.4.3_ALPHA
installed now, thanks to not using the pccons driver.  I had to split the
generic kernel across two floppy disks, boot 1.2G, copy the kernel bits
onto the hard drive, glue them back together and reboot.  Now I have a
working kernel which uses the wscons driver to talk to the Weasel card and
that seems to work.  I guess the pccons driver officially doesn't get along
with the PC Weasel card from version 1.4 to 1.5ALPHA.  Too bad, it makes
installation a real drag.  When I get things installed, I'll poke at it and
see if I can figure out where pccons is losing its lunch.
-Brian