Subject: New Cyclades
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: C Kane <ckane@best.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/06/2000 18:11:40
Hello.

I have some new Cyclades cards which NetBSD/i386 1.5_ALPHA2 does
not recognize.  Here's what dmesg looks like with some debugging
added:

pci2 at ppb1 bus 2
pci2: i/o space, memory space enabled
cy: Found Cyclades PCI device, id = 0x101120e
pci_mapreg_map: PCI_MAPREG_TYPE_IO
cy: pci_mapreg_map = 1, ioh_valid = 0
pci_mapreg_map: !PCI_MAPREG_TYPE_IO
cy: pci_mapreg_map = 1, memh_valid = 0
Cyclades Cyclom-Y above 1M (miscellaneous communications, revision 0x01) at pci2 dev 14 function 0 not configured

It is failing because the PCI_FLAGS_IO_ENABLED and PCI_FLAGS_MEM_ENABLED
flags are not set in pa->pa_flags.  Where are those normally turned on?

I have some older Cyclades Ye PCI cards which work just fine.  These newer
cards are somewhat smaller.  The boards are v2.10, the p/n is 9-PCBS-0060,
and the little chip has a label of U3YEP210 ICS0187.

Thanks for any pointers.

-- Chuck