Subject: Re: Swap partition...
To: None <dribbling@thekeyboard.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/06/2000 20:01:12
On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 12:12:25PM +0000, dribbling@thekeyboard.com wrote:
> Thanks, I'll give that a try. The machine I'm typing this on
> has two fixed disks and I'd like to try NetBSD/i386 on the
> second.  Will I be able to make a boot diskette that will
> give me access to the second drive (once NetBSD is
> installed) or is there some program that would let me boot
> NetBSD from the DOS drive?

Several solution:
- install the NetBSD boot selector ('fdisk -B wd0' from a root shell), it should
  allow you to boot from the second disk
- boot from the install floppy, and at the boot prompt (when it's counting
  down 5 4 ..) hit a key to get the prompt and type 'boot wd1a:netbsd'
- You could also make a boot floppy with a kernel which gets root on wd1
  but it's the harder and slowest way of doing it :)

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>