Subject: Re: wscons, pccons & pcvt
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <dribbling@thekeyboard.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/05/2000 12:06:10
Hello Andrew!

  AG> It is a "pc3" terminal emulator. (whatever that is. :)

What Manuel said makes me wonder whether a pc3 has a display
that responds to VT100 escape sequences and a keyboard that
issues PC/AT scan codes.  I could easily be very wide of the
mark though since I am guessing blatantly.

  AG> I did some testing with small kernels last week or so
    > and I think wscons accounted for around 120-150KB, but
    > I would have to test it again.

That's not too extravagant.  I might try running with pccons
alone for a while though (assuming that's possible).

  AG> If something doesn't work with pccons then it is
    > broken. :-)

<wide grin>

Regards,
  -
Andy.

Free email with cool domains at FriendlyEmail
http://www.mypad.com/