Subject: Re: wscons, pccons & pcvt
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <dribbling@thekeyboard.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/03/2000 08:21:17
Hello Andrew!

  AG> Also the PCCONS console will be around for some time.
    > It is a plain text console without any fancy EGA/VGA
    > features or virtual consoles, etc.  It should work on
    > anything, even cards that wscons may not have been
    > tested on yet.

Sounds good.  Does it emulate a VT100 (or something) or is
it a "glass teletype"?

   AG> ...if you are low on RAM, etc then pccons should work
     > for you.

I read somewhere that pccons was used on boot diskettes as
it's smaller than things like wscons. Any idea just how much
smaller?  I'm guessing this is something that gets compiled
into the kernel, am I right?  Do you think I'm likely to run
up against something important that won't run without
wscons?

Regards,

-Andy.

Free email with cool domains at FriendlyEmail
http://www.mypad.com/