Subject: WD8013 Network Interface Circuit
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <dribbling@thekeyboard.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/02/2000 21:17:13
Hello!

  JDM> I had one a few years ago; I still have the manual
     > around somewhere. It came with a DOS soft config
     > program to let me choose between WD8013 (?) and
     > NE2000 modes. Worked great as both in Red Hat Linux
     > 4.2 and whatever release of NetBSD I had at the time
     > before I gave the card away.

Thanks for the observations Jared!  What you've written
suggests that it was based on a Western Digital WD8013 chip,
which I think is also at the heart of Brian's SMC card. Is
there much variation between cards using the same chip? Does
anyone have any thoughts on that particular chip?

Regards,
  -Andy.

Free email with cool domains at FriendlyEmail
http://www.mypad.com/