Subject: RE: Real mode kernel bootstrapper
To: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
From: Gregg C Levine <hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/02/2000 19:45:03
Hello from Gregg C Levine usually with Jedi Knight Computers
I have not seen any answers regarding Items 1,2, or 3, so I will contribute one
for Item 1, and 2. To properly build both items, on NetBSD, and probably on
FreeBSD, as well, will require a newer version of the Binary Utilities. The
version shipped with Release 1.4, which is the first one I started working, is
2.9.x.x. The version required is 2.10, or later, currently the version number
is 2.10. It is available from, of all people Sources Redhat, formally Sources
Cygnus. Try http://sources.redhat.com for further details. You should also
upgrade the version of  GCC, and the version of GDB, as well. Source, for both
of them, is available from the same place. It should build correctly, on
whatever version of NetBSD this whole idea is being built on. I found out about
most of this, when I first tried to build Grub on NetBSD on Intel version, (or
release!) 1.4. But this is one Jedi Knight's opinion, your distance traveled in
kilometers will vary.
----
Gregg C Levine mailto:hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke."  Obi-Wan Kenobi
(This company dedicates this E-Mail to General Obi-Wan Kenobi (Perhaps one of
the most powerful of all of the Jedi Knights))
(This company dedicates this E-Mail to Master Yoda
(Perhaps the other one of the most powerful of all of the Jedi Knights))