Subject: Re: Network Interface Cards
To: JARED MCNEILL <MCNEIJAR@saintjohn.nbcc.nb.ca>
From: Claus Andersen <clan@wheel.dk>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/02/2000 17:02:01
On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, JARED MCNEILL wrote:

> > If you don't have "SOCKS" support you are basically hosed.  The good old
> > "raw socket via HTTPS CONNECT" might still work, but you'll need to run
> > sshd on port 443 out on the net somewhere.
>
> HTTPS works, so it seems.. I can connect to https://www.fortify.net/sslcheck.html with Netscape (after messing with the proxy settings) and I could run sshd on port 443 (or redirect with ipnat if that'd work as well). Now, I'll just need a Win32 SSH client that supports this, and some knowhow on how to do that type of thing :-)

I haven't followed all of the thread so I might be completely off
topic: I'm stuck behind a socks proxy and are runing ssh fairly well. I
use PenguiNet (http://www.siliconcircus.com/) under Windows and have
compiled socks support into ssh under NetBSD.
PenguiNet is for free download but displays adverts until you register it
(Because I'm using a socks proxy it actually doesn't display any adverts
:-)) My Windows is "socksified" with the Hummingbird socks software but if
your site do have a socks firewall this has probably already been done.

Kind Regards,
Claus Andersen