Subject: Re: Network Interface Cards
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: JARED MCNEILL <MCNEIJAR@saintjohn.nbcc.nb.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/02/2000 11:36:40
> Wow, good thing these network fascists are not in the Real World.=20

I'd call this the real world; I had more network freedom in high school =
than here. I guess they're just doing their jobs and protecting their =
asses.

> If you don't have "SOCKS" support you are basically hosed.  The good old
> "raw socket via HTTPS CONNECT" might still work, but you'll need to run
> sshd on port 443 out on the net somewhere.=20

HTTPS works, so it seems.. I can connect to https://www.fortify.net/sslchec=
k.html with Netscape (after messing with the proxy settings) and I could =
run sshd on port 443 (or redirect with ipnat if that'd work as well). Now, =
I'll just need a Win32 SSH client that supports this, and some knowhow on =
how to do that type of thing :-)

Jared

-
| Jared D. McNeill                      NBCC Saint John, Comp1 |
| jmcneill@invisible.yi.org  mcneijar@saintjohn.nbcc.nb.ca |
| http://invisible.yi.org           IRC EFNet #moof, #NetBSD |