Subject: Re: Plug and Panic
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <Tom@Wanka.at>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/30/2000 02:50:17
Hi,

for the "typical" PC user and given that PnP works it shurely is an
advantage to have PnP. Their advantage may be our disadvantage,
and the majority rules the market. I had some cards, DE-220
something if I remember correctly, that had an additional jumper or
dipswitch to select if the card was configured by its
jumpers/switches or by a PnP Bios, thus being an advantage for
everyone. Must be the couple of cents such a card would increase
the cost of production that stopped them making it.

mike