Subject: Disklabels, Maxblast and Windows
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Pelley <mike@pelley.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/29/2000 11:07:09
I have 4 gig SCSI drive with NetBSD 1.5ALPHA2 and a 40 gig IDE hard drive
running Windows Me in the same machine.  My BIOS has the 32 G drive size
limit so I have installed Maxblast on the IDE drive.  I can set the bios to
boot from SCSI or IDE, so that's how I choose which to run.

I would like to access the 40 Gig drive from NetBSD.  I have set this up
before on other systems, but I'm unsure about this one.  I believe I have to
write a disklabel to the ide drive, but I think that would interfere with
Maxblast.  I do not want to back up my MBR and run disklabel every time I
boot NetBSD ;o)

Is there a way for me to access the maxblast drive from NetBSD without
destroying anything?

Thanks!  Mike.