Subject: Re: Virtual Consoles...and a mouse.
To: None <dribbling@thekeyboard.com>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@Tangro.DE>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/29/2000 09:57:18
At 14:54 28.09.00 +0000, dribbling@thekeyboard.com wrote:
>   FB> Not a chance! The one-button mouse support requires an
>     > adb device and driver.
>
>So their virtual consoles and console mouse driver are
>irrevocably linked?  Odd.

No. You have the mouse around, anyway, and dt gives you MacOS style
cmd-{c,v,x} copy and paste.

I recall that the code had been in-kernel first and some core member argued
vehemently against an in-kernel "console thang". So, it was ripped out.
Must have been early '95, i was pretty fresh to NetBSD. Now we have wscons...

         hauke

--
Hauke Fath                        Tangro Software Components GmbH
                                         D-69115 Heidelberg