Subject: Re: weirdness with apm
To: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@kpnQwest.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/29/2000 08:15:03
Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de> writes:

> The only quirk is that if I want to use X11, it has to be visible
> during suspend, and after resume I have to switch to a text console
> and back to X11 once.

My Compaq Armada M700 has a similar problem: it has to be on a text
console when I suspend (using zzz).  If it's showing X, it'll get sort
of half way down (it kills the display, fails to stop the disk), and
then just hangs, the only way out being a full reset, done by removing
and reinserting the battery pack.

This is with -current, and the default APM configuration.  I haven't
tried any of the APM related options in the kernel config file yet.

-tih
--
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to
pause and reflect.     --Samuel Langhorne Clemens (alias Mark Twain)