Subject: Too many wires!!! =o)
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <dribbling@thekeyboard.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/28/2000 15:05:09
Hello Frederik!

  FB> Oops? I havn't followed the whole thread, but I assume
    > it's a standard PC. Why don't you just buy a NIC for a
    > few bucks and then put a BootROM on it?

Well, when I wrote that it wasn't clear what my plan was for
hooking things together here.  Now it looks as if I'm going
to pick up a cheap 10 Base-T hub.  I have a PCI card (3C905
something-or-other) for Cyril, (a 233MHz Cyrix MII machine
which run Linux). I should be getting a 10 Base-T NuBus card
and adaptor for Elsie (a Mac LC).  The new machine will be a
PC (probably a 66MHz 486 DX2 machine) and I'll need to pick
up an NIC for that.  I've used a Realtek card successfully
with FreeBSD, do they work with NetBSD/i386?  I'll also need
a PC-Card (PCMCIA) for Roam (A Pentium laptop, can't
remember how fast).

Obviously I'm going to have my work cut out getting network
cards to work in these four machines.  I most likely won't
bother configuring Cyril's to use its NIC under Linux, since
that partition is going to be wiped soon.  Then of course I
have to try installing NetBSD on the new machine.  Needless
to say, I'm going to be a bit busy!  =o)

Regards,
  - Andy.

Free email with cool domains at FriendlyEmail
http://www.mypad.com/