Subject: unrecognized S3 chips
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/27/2000 17:51:06
  I recall someone wrote something about being able to put a line into
XF86Config that would force a server to recognize a product ID as a
particular kind.  I have:

    Vendor Name: S3 (0x5333)
    Device Name: Savage/IX+MV (0x8c12)

  in my new Toshiba Satellite notebook. XF86_S3 from 1.5_ALPHA2 does not
recognize that chip, but I recalled something about it being able to drive
the chip if I can convince the program that it should recognize it.

]     In Atlanta at N+I booth 4265                   |gigabit with big ACLs is[
]   Michael Richardson, Solidum Systems              |    no problem with     [
]     mcr@solidum.com   www.solidum.com              |     PAX.port 1100      [