Subject: Re: 1U servers that support serial console BIOS
To: Matt Ragan <mdr@wayport.net>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/26/2000 15:16:58
	Alternatively, you  could try www.realweasel.com
and see if you can find a machine which meets your needs into which you can
place their card.

-Brian
On Sep 26,  7:44pm, Matt Ragan wrote:
} Subject: 1U servers that support serial console BIOS
} Does anyone here know of a server that fits into a 1U rack space that
} supports a serial BIOS?  I know that the Phoenix ServerBIOS 2 supports a
} serial BIOS, but I have not been able to locate one that fits into a 1U
} rack space.
}
} We want to use these for *BSD boxes at remote sites attached via terminal
} servers, and while the bootloader and serial console are not a problem, we
} want to use machines that we can do BIOS configuration and manipulation if
} we need to diagnose problems at that level, as well, and we want to
} conserve as much rack space as possible at the same time.  Does such a
} beast exist?
} --
} Matt Ragan
} Wayport, Inc.