Subject: 1U servers that support serial console BIOS
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Ragan <mdr@wayport.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/26/2000 16:44:26
Does anyone here know of a server that fits into a 1U rack space that
supports a serial BIOS?  I know that the Phoenix ServerBIOS 2 supports a
serial BIOS, but I have not been able to locate one that fits into a 1U
rack space.

We want to use these for *BSD boxes at remote sites attached via terminal
servers, and while the bootloader and serial console are not a problem, we
want to use machines that we can do BIOS configuration and manipulation if
we need to diagnose problems at that level, as well, and we want to
conserve as much rack space as possible at the same time.  Does such a
beast exist?
--
Matt Ragan
Wayport, Inc.