Subject: gnokii problem
To: NetBSD-help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Bostjan Muller <neonatus@spiritus.local.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/25/2000 20:27:37
Hi!

These may be not the correct mailing lists to ask about the following problems, but I can't seem to access the gnokii mailing list.

I have been trying to make gnokii (software for making data calls with nokia mobile telephones) work with NetBSD 1.5 ALPHA_2. I have compiled it from sources, created the configuration file and ran the stuff as root, so there would be no permission problems, but I still get this error:
Initialising GSM
Hmmm... GSM_LinkOK never went true. Quitting.

So I gues the data is not comming to/from the mobile thorough the serial port. I am a total newbie in NetBSD, and have used gnokii before only in linux. The gnokii web page and the ChanGelog from source claims it works on FreeBSD, so I thought it should also work with NetBSD than. Is there anyone out there that has any experience with this? Anyone that can help me?

THX in advance!

Bostjan
--
Bo¹tjan Müller [NEONATUS] # ICQ #:7506644, RSA id: 0x90178DBD
neonatus@neonatus.net    # For my PGP key finger: neonatus@neonatus.net