Subject: Re: Keyboard freeze in X
To: Bostjan Muller <neonatus@neonatus.net>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/25/2000 12:29:26
Bostjan Muller writes:
> Hi!
>
> I have just installed NetBSD 1.5_ALPHA2 and I am experiencing keyboard freezes
> in X. It hapens randomly and I don't know what I can do about it. I have
> compiled my own kernel.. included apm support, couse this is running on a
> laptop.
>

> I don't know if you need any more information or does anyone know what can be
> done to fix this problem?

You are probably experiencing the getty versus X issue. (e.g. X is running
on 'ttyE0' or the first virtual console)

You need to set "WSCONS=yes" in /etc/rc.conf do enable additional virtual
consoles.  X will end up on 'ttye4' or the fifth console.  Switching between
virtual consoles is done via 'ctrl-alt-fN' where n is 1-5 for the default
5 virtual consoles.

-Andrew