Subject: Re: auvia0 stuck at 48kHz
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?P=E5llen?= <pollen@astrakan.hig.se>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@mail.augustsson.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/25/2000 11:16:44
Pållen wrote:

> > In order to make it work will have to arrange for software sample rate
> > conversion to be done, which kinda sucks.  Also, I don't think Jaromir's
>
> Sucks big time I guess. Okay, mpg123 can do sample rate conversion, but
> that doesn't produce any good sound.

I considered putting sample rate conversion in the kernel for these new
(IMO) deficient codecs, but I didn't.
Doing high quality sample rate conversion is quite resource demanding
(especially between close frequencies like 44.1 and 48 kHz) and I'm not
sure you want that in the kernel.
You should probably try to find some good quality sample rate converter program
and use that instead of mpg123.

    -- Lennart