Subject: 1.4.2 and identd
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Collver <collver@softhome.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/24/2000 08:08:29
Has anyone else noticed that the identd distributed with 1.4.2 crashes?
It doesn't always crash, but it does when I try to connect to my favorite
IRC servers.

I thought I'd build it from source and debug it.  But the one I built from
the 1.4.2 src.tgz set doesn't crash.

Someone on #FreeBSD at DALnet also observed the above behavior.

Am I doing something wrong?  I am happy to use the identd binary I built,
but it doesn't seem like the one initially installed ought to be acting any
different.
--
Ben Collver -- collver@softhome.net
Your fellow-man? Divide the epithet: Say rather, you're the fellow, he the man.