Subject: Minimal NetBSD
To: None <henry@irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp>
From: None <dribbling@thekeyboard.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/23/2000 02:38:13
Hello Henry!

  HN> This is almost hopeless.  Just one more Mb memory to
    > 4Mb would help, but really impossible as a user
    > machine.

I think I'd want at least 8Mb, preferably 16Mb of RAM.

  HN> 170Mb and 40Mb will work nicely.

That's what I like to hear!  <smile>

  HN> Build a custom kernel on another machine (no need to
    > move disks around, just ftp it or copy from a floppy).
    > To build a custom kernel on the machine itself, you
    > can just barely do it in 320Mb.

Hmm... I don't (currently) have a NetBSD box with that much
space.  I have a Linux box with a few Gb spare (at present),
is it possible to build a NetBSD kernel on a Linux machine?!

Regards,
  -
Andy.

Free email with cool domains at FriendlyEmail
http://www.mypad.com/