Subject: Re: Xfree86 4
To: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: Grey Wolf <greywolf@siteROCK.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/22/2000 17:15:02
On Sat, 23 Sep 2000, Simon Burge wrote:

# Grey Wolf wrote:
#
# > Greetings.  I must be going through StupidPains() or something, because
# > I can't seem to make xf86-4 run properly (partially due to the lack of
# > a wsmouse adaptive protocol, I think).  The mouse jumps all over the bloody
# > place, no matter what protocol I do use, and, of course, it can't bind to
# > /etc/pms0 (no such device).
#
# When I've played with xf84-4.0.1 (although not on i386), I used
# "wsmouse" as the protocal and "/dev/wsmouse0" for the device and
# it worked ok...

I don't have "wsmouse" available as a choice -- under xf86-3.3, that's
what i use now.  It's not there under 4.0.1 for me.

Have I forgotten a patch or something?

				--*greywolf;

	/* Need OpenSource servers?  Try BSD - Solid as a Rock. */