Subject: WDC contact needed
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/22/2000 13:24:30
As I mentioned on one of the other lists I just tried to put a CF card
socket adaptor and Lexar 8x-speed 16MB CF card for my Sony Vaio 505TX.

It worked well enough to print out some probing stuff and would not
hang anything until the first real access.  At that point the kernel
would soft-hang.  Things got so slow that they seemed to be hung, but
they weren't.  The cursor would move with a minute or two delay.

I fired off a message to Lexar with a request to route the message to
engineering.  Shock of all shocks, I got a phone call from an engineer
in the CF group a few minutes later saying "Hey we are both in Fremont
when can you come in?"  Well, er, let me get my act together a bit and
how about tomorrow or so?

Now I certainly don't want to waste their time.  I can certainly poke
at a few simple things, but it would be *very* good if someone much,
more familiar with the code and netbsd kernel-hacking could also be
there.  Are there any volunteers to help?  Its not often that a
company shows such zeal at helping out a free OS.

-wolfgang

PS. If mail bounces due to DNS problems etc. gimme a call (510) 659-9757
--
       Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>
		    http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/