Subject: Re: FreeBSD bin compatibility
To: Todd Gruhns Account <tgruhn2@mail.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/22/2000 11:58:02
On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, Todd Gruhns Account wrote:

:  BRU is now compiled and distributed as an ELF binary. When the
: the binary emulation stuff for FreeBSD/ELF is complete, can I still
: run BRU by recompiling my kernel with the compat option, or, must I
: install the emulation pkg?

(Again:)  FreeBSD 3.x binaries (without threads!) do run in NetBSD 1.5+, but
they need the proper ELF libraries.

You'll need the (as yet uncreated) FreeBSD 3.x compat pkg, presuming the BRU
binary is for FreeBSD 3.x.  (If it's for 4.x or higher, we're still missing
some syscalls.)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/