Subject: FreeBSD bin compatibility
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Gruhns Account <tgruhn2@mail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/22/2000 10:20:37
 I have been watching the discourse about FreeBSD emulation.
I run BRU/FreeBSD as my backup tool -- allows me to verify my
backup. All I had to do to make BRU run is recompile the kernel
with FreeBSD binary compatibility.
 BRU is now compiled and distributed as an ELF binary. When the
the binary emulation stuff for FreeBSD/ELF is complete, can I still
run BRU by recompiling my kernel with the compat option, or, must I
install the emulation pkg?

						Todd Gruhn

--
***The Democrats take us over the cliff at 80MPH; the Republicans
                stay within the speed limit                        ***