Subject: Re: How good is FreeBSD emulation?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/21/2000 16:57:34
On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> Just try it ! If it doesn't fail with a unimplemented syscall, it should
> support the load.

Hmmm... just did.  It doesn't work, although I may have it setup
incorrectly.  I installed the freebsd package from emul, but it doesn't
work.  A 'file' on the program reveals that it is an ELF executable - IIRC
there was a message about 1.5ALPHA2 not supporting ELF.

Am I out of luck?  Or did I potentially mess up the emul installation?

Thanks!

-Jon
 "Trout are freshwater fish, and have underwater weapons."
 "Zing, zing zing zing!"
 "Keep away from the trout."
 -- The opinions expressed are not necesarily those of my employer --
 "Who stole my lawn?"