Subject: Re: pckbc probes
To: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/19/2000 22:22:25
On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Kevin P. Neal wrote:
> Come to think of it, what does this mean:
> pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60-0x64
> pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
> pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
> wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
> pmsprobe: reset error 5
>
> Poof, no working PS/2 mouse port.

> Anybody know where I can get docs on a "PI55T2P4"? I think it's an
> Asus board (according to a BIOS id web site). The Asus web site, of
> course, says nothing of it.

That's the board I have, and it's generally considered quite a good
board... I haven't had problems with it in NetBSD or Windoze.
http://www.asus.com/ still has info on it, including a PDF of the manual:
http://www.asus.com/Products/Motherboard/Pentium/P55t2p4/index.html
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 24 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++