Subject: Re: pckbc probes
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/19/2000 21:57:31
This is the part where Peter reminds me how annoyed I am with this
machine I'm sitting at.
On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 07:42:26PM -0500, Peter Seebach wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what the aux probe results mean?  0 is expected, and
> if we're debugging, we report values of 0x01 or 0xfa, but also accept
> them.  VirtualPC gives back 0xff, but if I hack the test to accept that
> result, the mouse works fine.

Come to think of it, what does this mean:
pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60-0x64
pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
pmsprobe: reset error 5

Poof, no working PS/2 mouse port.

It's a P-133 box, baby-AT with a PS/2 mouse connector (and an AT kbd
connector - pretty weird).

Of course, I have no motherboard docs. It's a box borrowed from a friend
whose Dad found the box on the side of the road. Someone threw the
machine out. So, I might have a jumper issue -- I just don't know.

Anybody know where I can get docs on a "PI55T2P4"? I think it's an
Asus board (according to a BIOS id web site). The Asus web site, of
course, says nothing of it.

The full BIOS string is: 04/15/96-82430HX-PI55T2P4C-00

I swear, I have five different PC motherboards around here, and the only
one I have docs for is dead. Well, not totally dead. Mostly dead. It
beeps. I'm well aware that since mostly dead isn't all dead then there
is still hope. (Now where did I put my bellows....)

I think I'll go cook some muffins now and watch ST:Voyager (yeah, yeah,
whatever). If anyone knows of a site archiving mb docs for old
boards, I'd appreciate it.

"In feeling small you gain the info you need."
     Ross Smith, on humility                        Apr 22 1999 2:22am