Subject: Re: gcc 2.95.2 for i386
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Grey Wolf <greywolf@siteROCK.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/18/2000 09:53:53
On Fri, 15 Sep 2000, Todd Vierling wrote:

# On Sat, 16 Sep 2000, Sean Doran wrote:
#
# : Neato.  So how much battle-testing (kernel/userland builds with regression
# : testing and happy experiences) would be needed to roll at least -i386 to
# : this in the trunk?  (Too painful to do soon?)
#
# mrg already did this in src/gnu/dist/toolchain, so you can build from a GNU
# `configure' right now.  It should work with 1.5 as well as -current.  I
# haven't tested it personally, but I trust his word.  8^)

#define STUPID
#ifdef STUPID
I'm confused here; we've been doing egcs for the last while.  Is gcc now
a subsidiary member of egcs (has it been?), or is the new gcc going to
supercede egcs and we revert to what we had before egcs, or...?

I'm just trying to keep a handle on things, and since egcs came out,
I've never been quite sure how gcc related to it.  Sorry for the bandwidth
consumption.
#endif /* STUPID */

				--*greywolf;

	/* Need OpenSource servers?  Try BSD - Solid as a Rock. */