Subject: Re: BSD-Friendly Internet?
To: None <tm_wanka@earthling.net>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/15/2000 16:46:21
Thomas Michael Wanka writes:

> Someone mentioned special subscribe software. Avoid it if you can, some
> ISPs I know that offer such can be connected to with *BSD after signup is
> completed.

Ameritech.net (covers "midwest" in USA) has special subscription software
that only works on Windows or Mac.  Once signed up there is no problem using
NetBSD's pppd with their service.

Aren't there several "isp review" or "isp locator" web sites out there?
Perhaps just checking for Linux compatility would be enough.  It might
be a good idea to suggest a "no special signup software required" type
category also. (if they don't have it already)

-Andrew