Subject: Re: BSD-Friendly Internet?
To: None <wjhud@jps.net, port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce Anderson <brucea@spacestar.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/14/2000 23:02:56
On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 2:28 PM, Bill Hudspeth <mailto:wjhud@jps.net> wrote:
>I've made the sad discovery that many ISPs
>are only willing to support WIN & MAC systems.
>Anyone aware of BSD friendly ISPs with service
>on the US west coast?
>
>TBI,
>
>Bill

Get your list of ISP's from: <http://thelist.internet.com/areacode.html>

The strategy I use is:

1) Make sure the ISP uses Unix exclusively for networking services.
   Ask the network administrator what they use.

2) The ideal ISP should offer Unix shell accounts.

3) Small ISP's are better in my experience.

 You need to talk with the network Admin. not the
"help" (sales/teck weenies) except when it is a small
ISP where the owner frequently wears many hats.

" Stamp out root logins .  .  .  . su "   --Bruce Anderson
 This message was created and sent using Cyberdog 2.0, MacOS 8.6,
 awk, find, sed, sendmail, sh, and NetBSD a free Multi-Platform OS.