Subject: Re: ThinkPad A20m
To: Alain Volmat <avolmat@ic.src.ricoh.co.jp>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@pgh.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/07/2000 02:16:24
On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Alain Volmat wrote:

> I'm now using a ThinkPad A20m and I just installed NetBSD 1.3.3
> There is problem with PCMCIA, Card are not detected when I insert.

> Sep  7 05:09:35 bridou /netbsd: Texas Instruments product 0xac1b (CardBus
> bridge, revision 0x03) at pci0 dev 2 function 0 not configured

  Support for CardBus will be in 1.5.  I recommend installing 1.5ALPHA2
for now and upgrade to 1.5BETA and 1.5 when they are available (which
should not be too long now).  If you want to use a release, 1.4.2 would be
your best bet.  If you use pre-1.5, you will see exactly what you
described: the CardBus controller is not configured but a PCMCIA
controller is.  You should be able to use all supported PCMCIA devices,
just not CardBus cards.

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@pgh.net