Subject: Re: promise fasttrack
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com, port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa <jam@pobox.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/06/2000 18:44:47
   On Sep 6, 11:51, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
   > Subject: Re: promise fasttrack
   > On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 02:35:58PM -0400, Dan J Fraser wrote:
   >
   >  > Are any of the Promise FastTrack IDE raid cards supported under NetBSD?
   > I think they will work as a normal IDE controller in NetBSD.  The RAID

I think so.  When I tested FastTrak66 for a while, it works
fine as Ultra66.  I didn't tested FastTrak100.  However, I
think easiest way is buying Ultra100 or Ultra66 and use it
with RAIDframe or CCD.

   > support for these cards is entirely supplied by driver software on the
   > Windows side of things (and the "RAID" cards have a different ID so only
   > the RAID software driver in Windows will recognize it).

Actually, both driver software and loaded BIOS supports RAID
feature.  I guess they are independent, but I'm not sure.

Moreover, Ultra66 and FastTrak66 probablly has one same ID.
I had to decide which driver I needed while installing a
FT66.  I heard a rumor Ultra100 and FastTrak100 have a
different ID.  I remember installer decided which driver it
needed while I was installing a FT100.

Is there any easy tool to get `ID'?  I have only FT100 now,
but somebody may have other cards.

Regards,
-- Kazushi