Subject: Re: multiport PCI cards
To: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
From: Hans Hoppe <hopha@casema.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/06/2000 21:27:12
on 2000-09-05 03:47, Michael Richardson at mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca wrote:

> I'm looking for suggestions on 4 or 6 port RS-232 cards.
> High speed is not a requirement, lack of special connectors is.
>
> *Flawless* NetBSD/i386 operation a clear requirement.
>
> (The LavaLink card that I have still won't work with multiple ports.
> I don't have time to debug it...)

I have a machine with a LavaLink Quatro-pci (4 port serial) and two
LavaLink 2SP-pci (2 serial + 1 parallel) running happily for
some time now. No special connectors, just an extra bracket per card.
I'm using a stock 1.4.2 with the definitions for the Lava cards
imported into sys/dev/pci/pucdata.c from -current.

      Hans