Subject: Win2K and NetBSD Dual Booted System Problems
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Ken Shin <kenshin@arune.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/05/2000 21:02:45
I hope someone has a solution for this... cuz I'm at wits end.

After partitioning a 16 Gig drive (0.5 Gig NetBSD Boot,  7.5G Win2K, and the
rest for NetBSD)... Although it should be noted that in the parition table..
technically only two paritions exist.. the 1st and 2nd mentioned, and the
last one being left undefined... Although NetBSD is using it without
problems.

I installed NetBSD on the 0.5 Gig partition and 3rd partition.. followed by
Win95 System files to the 2nd partition.. just to prep it.. then Win2K on
top of the Win95 System files on the 2nd partition...

The result?  A fully working Win2K(FAT32) with Dual boot for Win95 system
files... and a NetBSD system... that appears to work... but complains on
fsck at boot that wd0f (the Win2K partition) is "backup doesn't compare to
primary bootblock".. and to run fsck_msdos manually.  Running fsck_msdos
with the different options fails to help.. citing the same problem...

Any suggestions?

---
Have you ever wondered what would happen if you baked the Pilsbury doughboy?