Subject: Re: VirtualPC - SUCCESS!
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/04/2000 09:10:33
On Sat, Sep 02, 2000 at 12:24:38AM -0500, Peter Seebach wrote:
> Okay, the CD doesn't work.  The ethernet doesn't work.  But if you copy all
> the data onto a DOS-formatted VPC disk, *it does work*.

Something wrong with the macppc/68k ports? ;^>

Though people have been suggesting the tlp driver, you might also try
mc (which is what the mac ports probe most builtin Apple ethernet
cards as).

On the other hand, you're seeing de0 off of pci0, which is a little
wacky (my PCI PowerMacs probe mc0 off obio0), so maybe VPC is
obfuscating things. (Gee, there's a shocker.)

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net