Subject: Re: Repost: Simulators for other systems--and a comment--ALso has
To: Gregg C Levine <hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/26/2000 17:42:50
On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Gregg C Levine wrote:

> I am reposting this one, because several day have gone by, and no one
> has responded. While I respect the fact that everyone is busy making
> money, and et cetera, but I would like some kind of response. Even a

	people reading the list - noone is paid to cover lists
	and ensure messages receive responses.

> complaint, those should be sent directly. If anyone really has a
> complaint, please feel free to do so. But send it directly mind. This
> is the absolutely final sending of the whole business, it has all of
> the typos corrected. I apologize in advance for the fact that the
> first two went out with those dratted things intact. Message follows:
> Hello from Gregg C Levine writing for myself Has anybody tried out
> those enclosed simulators? Such as the one for the PDP family of
> minicomputers, once built by DEC? These are off of the NetBSD-1.4
> package set. Also, there is a reason why *BSD is Vax friendly. At the

	You might want to ask people on the port-vax list - I know
	quite a few of them have played around with PDP simulators.

> time of its creation, UC Berkeley, had a big investment going in the
> DEC family of computers. Consequently, such as when that book by Cliff
> Stoll was written, they were running on a specie of Vax. And all of
> you are aware what machine that AT&T Unix was created on.

	Again - you are much more likely to get a response to a comment
	like this on port-vax :)

                David/absolute
			       -- www.netbsd.org: A pmap for every occasion --