Subject: Re: Need quick way to crash NetBSD box.
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Tomas T. Peiser, CET <tom@test2.fundy.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/24/2000 15:22:42
On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Brian Buhrow wrote:

> 	Why not just modify /etc/fstab such that the entry for
> the root filesystem is corrupted slightly.  this will cause it to panic on
> mountroot, which should be a good test.  Then, boot off a floppy, mount the
> root, modify /etc/fstab to be correct, and you're off and running again.

Thanks, but I still must have something wired wrong. All off the messages
come up on the Serial console and I'm still able start X and work away
with attached keyboard. When mangled the fstab and rebooted I couldn't
access the machine from the s-console when the ".... or sh to
continue" prompt came up.

Any thoughts?

Tomas T. Peiser, CET  / No, I am not cynical,
                     /  I am a sysadmin.
http://bofh.nb.ca   / - conversation with D. Maxwell