Subject: Re: Intall packages
To: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
From: Bill Hudspeth <wjhud@jps.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/24/2000 07:10:50
Bernd Sieker wrote:

> On 24.08.00, 06:13:55, Bill Hudspeth wrote:
>
> Obviously, you have to give pkg_add a real file name, as in:
> pkg_add /mnt/cdrom/packages/1.4/i386/all/kde-1.1.2.tgz

I was imagining that there was a way to add an 'entire' package
so that dependencies would be taken care of.

This method is a single file at a time - Is that true?

> Alternatively, you could first cd to the "all" directory, and call
> pkg_add with only the filename.

I used this method. It seemed to work OK, except for failed
dependency messages. Is there a way to check the final package
to see if all dependencies were met?

Do the TRANS.TBL contents list all of the required files for a
particular package (despite their BBS use)?

> Bernd Sieker
> NetBSD is the bomb.  (ok, bad idea)
>                 -- Andrew Gillham

Thank you very much. I'll go try the next package.

Bill