Subject: wheelmouse driver, passing boot args via reboot...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Grey Wolf <greywolf@siteROCK.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/23/2000 15:45:27
Hiya.  I'm in search of a couple of things.

Firstly, I remember there being a driver for the wheelmice which would
actually enable one to use the wheel on the mouse.  It'd be nice to be
able to do that.  Can anyone throw me a (bone *)?

Secondly, I know this is not going to be a machine-independent thing,
but there has GOT to be a way to pass args to the bootloader SOMEhow
on ports that don't have an NVRAM (i.e. the i386-class boxes).  I'm
doing debugging from offsite at the moment and would like to be able
to tell the machine to boot from the newer kernel via reboot(8).

Also, I note under BUGS that the single-user shell ignores the SIGTERM
signal; why is this?  Is it because if one does 'kill -15 -1' from
the single-user shell that the SIGTERM on anything still directly
attached to the shell will propagate back to the shell itself?

				--*greywolf;

	/* Need OpenSource servers?  Try BSD - Solid as a Rock. */