Subject: PPP Connection Control Problems...
To: None <greg@cs.pdx.edu>
From: O. Suresh <otrasuresh@hotmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/21/2000 02:41:10
Hai,
    I am using pppd program for connecting two hosts, which are belongs two
different networks. Both hosts are using Redhat 5.2 . My ppp configuration
file is as follows:

/etc/ppp/options.ttyS0

crtsts
mru 1500
mtu 1500
modem
172.20.0.1:172.19.0.1
-pap
-chap
persist
pap-timeout 0

   By using this options I can able to transfer files from source
to destination host. I did not know about pap-timeout option.I am
connected those hosts via  modems. My problem is when link goes down
or modem reseted then pppd just ignorning the connection instead or
retrying for connection. When fire pppd once agian it is trying for
connection and getting connected.

   How do I overcome this situation, my requestion is when link
goes down or modem reseted pppd must automatticaly fire without
user interaction.

Any suggestions are requested..