Subject: eisa bindings for the cac driver?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Yubyub bird <jonl@yubyub.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/19/2000 18:05:47
I've got an older proliant 2000 with an EISA Compaq Smart Array
controller.  AFAIK NetBSD doesn't support it yet.  FreeBSD seems to,
however.  Was the cac driver pulled from the FreeBSD sources, or was it a
from scratch driver?

Is it easy enough to add EISA bindings to the cac driver?  Does the cac
driver support the older Smart Array controllers?

I'd be happy to hack/test if someone can point me in the right direction.

-yubyub
croquette - n.  A small cake of minced | SMTP: yubyub@yubyub.net
 food, such as poultry, vegetables, or | http://www.yubyub.net
 fish, that is usually coated with     | NetBSD on Sparc, Alpha
 bread crumbs and fried in _deep fat_. |  i386, Mac68k, VAX