Subject: Re: Hughes DAK PCI Satellite Receiver
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: Tom Rushworth <tbr@mannynkapy.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/18/2000 12:07:25
I have one of these, and have been meaning to get to work on a driver.
All I need is (a) time, and (b) specs :).  I'd be willing to help, or
if no one else wants to take it on, to do the bulk of the work.  If
you can get the specs, please let me know!

On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 09:29:29AM +0930, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
> Aparently, there is an experimental driver available for linux on

www.helius.com used to sell a driver for Linux, but I haven't been
able to get my copy of their driver to work.

> http://www.ihug.com.au/satnet/drivers/linux.html
>
> which has a link to
>
> ftp://ftp.ihug.co.nz/pub/satnet/linux

I can try from Canada (tonight, when I can use the Windoze driver for
the Satellite card) ...

One of the big problems I expect is that the card needs keys to decode
the signal, the keys are obtained from your service provider (not the
ISP necessarily, but the satellite uplink service provider), and just
about ever such provider is going to have a different protocol for
obtaining keys, and some providers may not be willing to provide info
on their protocol.

--
Tom Rushworth